Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Nintendo-Switch - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Nintendo-Switch > Topics

Subject: Game saves, Data and SDXC
Replies: 10 Views: 553

warded 13.10.20 - 03:15pm
The game cards are read-only. Extra data and saves go to either system memory or on a Secure Digital card. This is why saves are account-specific. Some games allow only one save per account. To circumvent this, you can just go ahead and make another account on the system. Also saves are device-specific too. Only way to transfer data at the moment is to use Nintendo Save Data Cloud service. This means you should get a large SDXC for your system from the start. I recommend sizes from 256GB and up. *

warded 13.10.20 - 03:18pm
PROTIP: Use archive instead of delete when freeing up space on your system. Note that delete and archive do NOT remove save files. *

warded 13.10.20 - 03:39pm
Also to my understanding the game card sizes go upto 32GB right now. There has been rumours of 64GB coming too. This is probably possible to come with a future system update. I base this assumption to the fact that to use my SDXC in the system in the first place required a system update. *

warded 13.10.20 - 03:44pm
Game sizes vary though. A game can be 15GB digitally and only 1GB physically (Zelda BotW) . 4.8GB digital vs 121MB physical (Super Mario 3D All-Stars). Nintendo's own games tend to take less space in general. Bioshock Infinite is 21GB digitally and 17GB physically. Super Mario Odyssey is 5.6GB digital 386MB physical. *

warded 13.10.20 - 03:57pm
Did i mention physical copies of games tend to be cheaper than digital copies... They can cost less and can save space for you (in most cases). Buying physical whenever possible is a win-win situation for you. *

warded 13.10.20 - 04:00pm
Only cases i buy digital games are: 1 No physical copy 2 a very good deal 3 i dunno lol *

ufohunter 14.10.20 - 12:26am
I seriously should get a N.S *

warded 14.10.20 - 04:47pm
Langrisser 1+2 takes 0.0MB of space physically. Digital would be 1.6GB. *

warded 5.02.21 - 12:28pm
redalert.GIF One must get at least a 512GB SDXC before they even turn on their switch. *

warded 21.02.24 - 05:30pm
read.GIF *

warded 27.03.24 - 01:38pm
i don't even remember what digital games i have while for physicals i can just check from the shelves. (Even there are some surprises like WHAT? I HAD THIS GAME?!) *

* Nintendo-Switch Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Nintendo-Switch

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits